Saturday, October 20, 2018

M by Macanudo Toro 9/30/18


 Appearance
A medium brown colored wrapper with a couple of thin veins. The seams are tightly wrapped and difficult to find. Their is a nice oily sheen on the wrapper. The filler bunch is well packed with a soft spot near the cap.

Aroma
Very aromatic! Coffee, floral and chocolate on the wrapper. Coffee, chocolate and floral at the foot.

Prelight Draw
Sweet coffee, chocolate

1st
The initial draws are very sweet, reminding me of infused cigars.( yes I’ve tried them once or twice, u know my motto. GottaTryEmAll) The Draw is snug. This is just way too sweet. The ash is light gray almost white and fairly tight. The burn is slightly wavy at 3/4” in. This is what I invision a “Starbucks” coffee tasting like with all that fu fu stuff in it. Strength starts out mild. Near the end of the 1st/3rd a mild cinnamon spice joins the profile. The ash held firm till removal.

2nd
Upon inspection of the working end I find a 3/16” diameter tunnel at the center of the cigar. It just hit me! This cigar flavor reminds me of the Kahlua cigar from 2003/4. Smoke production is at the medium range. Late in the 2nd/3rd the draw opens up and the burn evens out.

Final/3rd
Profile remains consistent into the final/3rd. Enough is enough.

Overall
The M by Macanudo provides a smoking experience that I never want to repeat. A snug draw and mildly erratic burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment